26 oktober 2008

Here it comes - the apple pie recipe!

Thank you for helping me with the pumpkin pie recipe. I made one yesterday evening and it was yummy. But it was a little bit of a surprise for me, I had expected it more "fruity". There was a "Christmas smell" in our kitchen, just like gingerbread. Josefin took a picture of the pie, but I don´t have her memorycard right now. I will show you that one later.

But for now, here comes my apple pie recipe. The oatmeal is that one you use for porridge, like flakes.... It´s a bit difficult sometimes to know what´s common in other parts of the world...ask if you don´t understand...and sorry, I have no picture.


Apple Pie


6 apples (approx 800 gram)

150 gram butter

3 dl oatmeal

2 dl sugar

½ dl light syrup

1 ½ dl flour

½ teaspoon baking powder

2 tablespoons milk


1. Preheat oven to 175 C. Melt the butter in a pot. Take away from heat. Add all other ingredients except the apples.

2. Peel, pit and cut the apples into thin slices. Put the apples in a buttered, oven safe pan. Share the mixture on top.

3. Place the pan in the oven for about 30 minutes or untill the pie is golden brown and a little bit hard, like toffee. Serve with ice cream or vanilla sauce.

Today is a very, very rainy and windy (stormy) day here by me. The perfect day for stitching, ehh, I mean for cleaning and washing, don´t want to go outside. Most of the leaves are gone and it´s dark quite early in the evenings now. This time of the year I hope we will get a snowy winter, but not before December...
See you later,
Helena

1 kommentar:

Sarah sa...

Ummm yum this sounds GOOD. I will do this for desert sometime over the next week. So simple. Perfect.