28 oktober 2008

OOPS!! I did it again!

Today I´ve started on a new project, some log cabin scrap blocks. It´s not a very serious project, just had to try... Found the idea in a magazine and just had to try... Only one or a couple...this evening I made almost four.... It was fun, maybe I can made them now and then when I need something easy as a little break....


Yesterday I was in Malmö together with my mother and daugther. We visited my sister and did some shopping. Of course there were fabric that had to go home with me.

Red and green, and some pieces of flanell, for My Christmas Angel. I had planned to buy them, so ok.

Roses and dots, they are for a quite big project I have in my mind. A quilt with a heart and love theme.... stitcheries.... applique.... I have to collect the fabrics...so that´s ok.

These fabrics just looked at me and showed all their beauty. I couldn´t say no, is that ok?

Today I´ve been back at Syverkstan again and I have had another stitching day.....

Some hearts left to stitch, but the quilting is done. Tomorrow I will add the binding and then; finished.

Inside: The pockets and pincushion are put in place, and the stitchery is finished. Only a little bit left on this project, and then it´s ready for the mail box and it´s long journey to....

Bed time, see you tomorrow!

Helena

12 kommentarer:

Karen sa...

Your log cabin blocks are very happy blocks. I love the colors that you have put together. Your SA is a very lucky lady;)

Lizzan sa...

Vilka härliga tyger du köpt! Det är väl alltid okej med tygköp?? KRAM

Lycka är ~ Onnea on sa...

Tog en titt inne på bloggen din.
Du lagar så härliga stitchery bilder.
Ha en bra dag!!
~Marita~

Betsy sa...

Helena beautiful blocks, beautiful fabrics and beautiful stitcheries!

Anette L sa...

Hej hej! Visst är det okej med mer tyg! TYgtillverkarna ska ju också leva ;o) Ditt syetui ser ljuvligt ut!

Noémia sa...

Oh, I love Malmö! I was once in there when I visit Dinemark and escape by train to know some Sweden city.
And you have made wonderful shopping. The fabrics are lovely!

Unknown sa...

Oh yes beautiful fabrics you bought.

Sherry sa...

I love your log cabin blocks, so fun. Love that roses & dots fabric. Is that some Woodland Bloom fabric I spotted? I love that fabric line from Moda. Lucky SA to receive such a nice surprise.

Carol in Sweden sa...

OH....such beautiful things! You'll have to tell me which stores to visit in Malmö...or maybe not, I'm on a declared fabric diet! (but I could cheat a little if the fabrics "talk" to me, right?)

You have been on my mind all day...I'm stitching a project for family gifts and doing this Stitcher's Angel Sewing SWAP was the first time I've ever embrodiered anything...so I'm checking out my various quilting and sewing books and on the web for doing stitches...and although I'm doing OK, I could REALLY use some expert advice and guidance! Maybe that's my excuse to come up to you and get a class on stitching by hand! Are you ever going to do some classes there at the Studio? eller???

Myra sa...

Wonderful fabrics!!! 8-)
Lovely Stitching Angel project...
Happy stitchings!

Roseanne sa...

I have never done log cabin quilt before. Yours look good.

Karen sa...

Just to let you know that I visited your blog today for the first time. I'll be coming back for another visit soon!